Monday, May 28, 2012

Newest Project (Business Planning 1)

Project- G****G****.Com (An ongoing Business Planning Project)

My newest project- really more of an entertainment project- is going to be an online website that caters specifically to the "geek" community. It will be a similar site to Pojo, but better implemented. The idea is to create the number one go to spot for people who have an interest in: News, Dungeons and Dragons, Table Top Games, Video Games, Comic Books, Action Figures, Anime, and an online forum to hang out or participate in an online tabletop (Role Playing Game).

The problems I foresee already are: 

1) lack of content writers: This is just a fun little site I am wanting to work on and I have 3 writers already, I wouldn't mind having a few more to do: product reviews, how to tutorials, and videos as well. So, if anyone knows of anyone let me know in email or reply in comment below and I will get in touch with you.

2) Marketing to get enough viewers, there is stiff competition when it comes to getting a highly trafficked website. In the end the cost to maintain the website will be minimal, but updating content for 1-2 people isn't as rewarding and I fear the writers would stop writing.

3) Website Development: I am wanting to use unique code, which means there will be bugs because as of now I am the lead writer- I don't do code, but I am now learning CSS and HTML. So, if anyone would like to assist in the actual coding of the website hit me up (E-mail) I would love to credit your work on the website. You would be doing me a huge favor and getting the project moving much quicker.

4) Maintaining interest: Many websites have this problem. They can get viewers, but once the viewers have seen the new content they leave. We want the website to be appealing for hours on end. So, we will be adding an online forum in hopes to garner that type of traffic. Eventually I plan to add pre-programmed RPG's to the website, so if no one is online then you could engage yourself with a virtual dungeon master, but that is a long way off.

5) Time management: I will be starting classes in August, which means this project has to be live in only a few short months or it will be Christmas before we actually launch. There is nothing wrong with launching later as it would give us more time to debug before going live. The only problem I have with postponing the launch is that if you postpone a due date then it will become perpetual until it never happens.

Summary

So, those are my first few thoughts towards this project. I will treat this similar to a business plan. At least in planning it- because I am not aiming to generate revenues as a business from this project, but it is still functions like a business. It is a large project that will consume a lot of time and if done wrong will flop.



No comments:

Post a Comment